1/11/15

Welcome To My New Blog!

I began blogging in 2007 under the name of Pig Tales and Quilts at the gentle nudging of my friend Bonnie Minor.  In 2009 I lost my blog somehow and had to start over.  The name for my blog came about because my husband and I collect Catawba Valley Pottery from Western North Carolina and we have tried to collect a pig from each of our favorite potters. I wanted to showcase the pottery on the blog so hence the name, Pig Tales and Quilts.

Fast forward 7 years and although I was hesitant at first to change my name to Stitch and Quilt, the reason I finally gave in was because we no longer avidly collect pottery and the "pig tales" had fallen few and far between.  It was time for a new name.

I tried to piggyback off of the old platform of Pig Tales and Quilts so I would not lose my followers but I ended up doing so anyway. And then I got locked out of my blog completely and could not sign in any longer.  I hope in time to build my audience back up to where it was as my followers find me here on the new blog.

Please come along as I share my love for family, quilting, needlework, and crazy quilting.


11 comments:

  1. Good luck on your new endeavor! I have a feeling it won't be long before everyone finds you. Now, while I do admit I am here because of quilts and stitchy stuff, is there any way I could talk you into showing us a picture of the pigs? I dearly love pottery and I think trying to get a pig from each potter is the coolest quest. Oh, and I love pigs, too. I have a ton of darling pigs that my students have given me over the years :) So, could you show a picture of your pigs for old times sake? Pleeeeeeeeeease :) magistra13 at yahoo dot com
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have you on my GFC but doesn't show on your follower bar. Very strange, but I'm following😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me know about the change. I have signed up here and will unsubscribe at Pig Tales and Quilts. I did not know how the name came about. One of my sisters collects pigs; one of my brothers, frogs. I have some frogs, some cats but mostly spiders.
    I second Beth for a look at your collection, even one at a time with the potter's name.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have signed up with Google and so happy that you still are blogging as I always enjoyed following you. You are always an inspiration to me and will look forward to more news,projects etc.
    Cheers,
    maggie in frigid Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new name for your blog! I also took out a email subscription to make sure I dont miss anything! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m not sure exactly why but this weblog is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.
    voyance mail gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there, You’ve done a great job. I will certainly digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this web site.
    voyance par mail

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love what you do, congratulations !!! Thank you very much for sharing with us this article.

    voyance gratuite en ligne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I admit that you do extraordinary work that fascinates me.
    consultation voyance gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to all those who watch for the smooth running of this magnificent blog !!

    Voyance en ligne discount

    ReplyDelete
  11. Très bon article, comme toujours. Il a le mérite de susciter le commentaire


    voyance gratuite directe par mail

    ReplyDelete

I ❤ your comments! They make my heart sing!

I have turned off the ability for anonymous users to comment on my blog due to spam. Registering for a google account is free and allows you to comment on any blog you wish. Be sure to have your email visible so bloggers can contact you should you win a giveaway they may be hosting. Or you can simply leave it in your comment.