1/15/15

Snapshots Quilt Along with the Fat Quarter Shop!

The Fat Quarter Shop has launched it's 2015 Snapshots Quilt Along to benefit the 

 

Each month on the 15th they will post a new block on their BLOG!  Moda has designed a fabric collection called Daysail by Bonnie and Camille that the original quilt is made from.  All that the Fat Quarter Shop asks, is when you download each block from their blog, that you donate 5.00 to St. Jude's. The Fat Quarter Shop and Moda will both match all donations made during the fundraiser up to 10,000.00 each!

Block 1 is on the blog today!

The Daysail Collection by Bonnie and Camille will not be available until sometime in February and I wanted to get the first block made pronto so I received the Miss Kate Collection by Bonnie and Camille that has very similar colors.  I will probably have to get the Daysail Collection as well but both bundles will play so nicely together. :)

This is my block #1 - Let Them Eat cake

 

Each Snapshot block will tell a different story for each individual quilt maker who takes part in the sew along.  As you can see the cake itself has more red for my block but I love strawberry cake! It is my favorite cake of all.. and with strawberry cream cheese icing to boot.

As far as birthday cake memories, one stands out in my mind and it isn't even one of my birthday's.  It is my oldest sister Charlotte's cake.  The cake was decorated with lavender tinted frosting and had a dancing ballerina figurine on top.  

I don't remember eating the cake, I just remember what it looked like. :)  

***********************************

How about you?  Head on over to the Fat Quarter Shop blog and download the pattern, donate 5.00 or more to the St. Jude's Foundation and have some fun with the rest of us!  

If you want to wait for the Daysail Collection to come in, you can pre-order your fabric and Block #1 and #2 will come in your package!

7 comments:

  1. That looks darling and the proceeds go to such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your block. I'm using Miss Kate also because I have the whole collection in my stash and it looks so similar to Daysail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not certain the place you’re getting your info, however good topic. I needs to spend a while finding out more or working out more. Thanks for fantastic info I used to be in search of this info for my mission.
    voyance par mail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks , I’ve recently been searching for info about this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I have discovered till now. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure about the source?
    voyance gratuite mail

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big thank you for this very clear section !! Beautiful day
    voyance mail gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your posts.In any case I'll be subscribing to your blog and I hope you post again soon.
    voyance gratuite en ligne par mail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Un petit mot pour vous dire que votre blog est super!
    voyance gratuite rapide en ligne

    ReplyDelete

I ❤ your comments! They make my heart sing!

I have turned off the ability for anonymous users to comment on my blog due to spam. Registering for a google account is free and allows you to comment on any blog you wish. Be sure to have your email visible so bloggers can contact you should you win a giveaway they may be hosting. Or you can simply leave it in your comment.